Ask Us About Telehealth (Video) Visits!
Helping you through the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Spread
Download recent Telehealth announcement (PDF):Download Now
- In this Coronavirus (COVID-19) spread, we are worried that patients may risk catching the virus from another sick patient if they come into the office in person.
- Telehealth visits are a way to talk about your health concerns without putting you at risk during the coronavirus outbreak
- You can still see your provider without leaving your house!
- We will make a plan with you if we need to see you in person, or if you need to go to a specialist or to a hospital.
What Is It?
- Video and phone calls to assess and treat our patients without them needing to come into the office for a visit.
- We can do most of what we normally do in the office over a video call.
How Does It Work?
- We will talk to you ahead of time on how to get in touch with us when it’s time for your visit.
- You will talk to your provider over a video using either your phone, a tablet device such as an iPad, or a computer with a web camera.
Will I Be Charged For The Visit?
- Yes, telehealth visits have a copay, just like a normal office visit. You can expect to pay for a telehealth visit as you would for any visit that brings you to our office.
What If I Don’t Have A Way To Make A Video Call?
- Talk to a caregiver or family member before your visit to see if someone you know has a way to help you make video calls.
- Did you know the iPad your grandchildren use or got you has a camera?
- If you can’t access video, call your practice to check-in and also make a plan as more limited services may be available over the phone.